The Ammunition Industry's Technology Leader
At Federal Premium®, we believe certain moments are worth a Premium®. From our humble beginnings nestled among the lakes and woods of Minnesota, Federal Premium Ammunition has evolved into one of the world's major producers of sporting ammunition. Beginning in 1922, our founding president, Charles L. Horn, paved the way for our success. Today, we carry on Horn's vision for quality products and service with the next generation of outdoorsmen and women. With our CEO Mark W. DeYoung at the helm, we maintain our position as experts in the science of ammunition production.
Every day we manufacture products to enhance our customers' shooting experience while partnering with the conservation organizations that protect and support our outdoor heritage. We offer thousands of options in our Premium and standard lines–it's what makes us the most complete ammunition company in the business and provides our customers with a choice no matter what their pursuit.
• Federal® headquartered in Anoka, Minnesota
• Manufactures a complete line of shotshell, centerfire and rimfire ammunition and components
• Pioneered the Premium® category of ammunition
• Part of the world's leading ammunition manufacturer, Vista Outdoor Sporting.
• Nearly 1,400 employees work at the Anoka, Minnesota facility
• The facility is located on 175 acres in Anoka County and spans the border of Anoka and Coon Rapids with half a million square feet of manufacturing space
• Federal Premium® Ammunition is the company's flagship brand and focuses its competitive advantage on cutting edge technology
• As an active business in the local community, Federal Premium has been responsible for abundant employment opportunities and community involvement throughout its history